Friday, December 15, 2006

Significant Photography

Back to the question why we make photographs, shoot images. I browse occasionally through the web to see other photographers works, either on personal portfolio pages or so-called photo-communities. I notice the number of images is huge and also the number of meaningless and bad images. I am no criticizing the images of students or starters exchanging their pics and feedback in a progress of learning, I am talking about images uploaded with serious intention and the feedback they get from their fellow photographers. Whats the point of uploading a really bad image and others highlighting as great work and beautiful imagery ? How can anyone evolve and develop, if you get continuously supported and no honest feedback that allows you to make the next step, without getting challenged. I will not mention the websites I don't visit anymore but rather highlight community pages with a very high level of quality of the images:
This sites are worth visiting ! Let me know if you find similar.

"Photography is more than a medium for factual communication of ideas. It is a creative art."
(Ansel Adams)

My 2 cents

No comments: