Friday, July 06, 2007

Panorama Camera Collection: Fotoquelle Panorama

Another 1$ camera from my panoramic gear collection. This model with fix focus, fix aperture (1/11) and fix exposure (1/100) was distributed by Fotoquelle in Germany but must have been produced by another company. The box shows an english description but the manual is in german, added by Quelle. Unfortunately the box doesnt show any clue of its origin.
I like the description of the features printed on the box.
The wide angle optical lens 25mm focus free angle is wider one time than 35mm focus.
Excuse me, what ? Of course the lens is optical, but one time wider than 35mm focus ? I didnt know focus comes with a focal length.
DX coded film.
huh ? its a plastic camera without battery, but with fix aperture and shuttertime, DX is useful as a third leg for this camera.
24 or 26 films actually take 24 or 36 exposures.
Really ? Thats wonderful ! I never thought so.

I took it to the usual "1$-camera-with-1$-bw-china-film-and-5$-development-test". Sorry, not convincing, it definitely cant compete with the Ansco panorama camera ! Here some results. I will refrain from further shooting with it.
And if someone really needs the manual in german, here you go..

No comments: